Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
• Current Registration.
• Current Proof of Insurance with VIN Number.
• Current Odometer Reading.
If purchased from a Dealer:
• Window sticker – required for new vehicles.
• Blue copy of Maine Title Application or Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin.
• Bill of Sale from Maine Dealer or from Non-Maine Dealer.
• Proof of Insurance with VIN number and policy expiration date.
• Copy of lease agreement (if leased vehicle).
• Current Mileage.
• Original Power of Attorney from lessor if leased vehicle or registering for someone else.
If purchased in a private sale:
• Signed Bill of Sale from previous owner with complete description of vehicle and sale price.
• If vehicle is purchased from a non-jurisdictional (non-title State for that year), a notarized Bill of Sale from the last registered owner is required.
• Release of Lien if applicable (lienholder shown on face of title).
• Reverse side of Title signed over from previous owner (all in Seller’s writing) if vehicle is 1995 or newer.
• Current Proof of Insurance with VIN number and policy expiration date.
• Title Application and Sales Tax Form – completed at Town Hall when registering the vehicle.
• If purchasing vehicle from another Maine resident, a second Title application form must be filed by that person and pay the $33.00 fee.
If previously registered out-of-state by you:
• Out-of-state Title or Current Lienholder/Lessor Name and Address.
• Out-of-state Registration.
• Current Proof of Insurance with Maine Liability and VIN number and policy expiration date.
Online you can register 60 days early.