As of February 1st there is a $25.00 Late Fee per dog if you have not relicensed your dog for the new year beginning January 1.
The new year dog tags are available in the Town Clerk's Office. Please bring in a current rabies certificate and proof of spaying or neutering if you are licensing your dog for the first time.
Dog licenses run a calendar year and dogs need to be relicensed by December 31 each year. You may license a dog in person at the Town Clerk's Office, or you may mail in our form to us at:
8 School Road
Windham, ME 04062
If you are registering a new dog you will be required to show:
- Proof of a rabies vaccination
- Proof of dog's spay or neuter surgery
For your reference, the State of Maine allows dogs to be licensed online from October 15 through January 31. If renewing your dog license online you will need:
- Credit card
- License / Tag number (renewals only)
- State of Maine rabies certificate
- Veterinarian's name and phone number
- Spay or neuter certificate (if your dog has been "fixed")
The state requires these fees:
- If a dog has been spayed or neutered the fee is $6
- If not spayed or neutered, the fee is $11
- After February 1, a $25 late fee per dog will go into effect
If you no longer have your dog, please notify the Town Clerk's Office at 892-1900 so we may remove the dog from our list. Your call is the only way we know that you no longer have your dog.
We accept checks, cash, and credit/debit cards.