How to Apply
Monday & Wednesday 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday 7:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Thursday 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Fridays we are closed.
If possible, we encourage you to print off the VS2-A Marriage Intention form before you arrive to save you time; please print neatly and use black ink. (This form as well as others can be found on the state's site at: https://www.maine.gov/dhhs/mecdc/public-health-systems/data-research/vital-records/forms/index.shtml
Fee & Turnaround Time
Requirements to obtain a marriage license are:
- If this is not a first marriage for one of you, bring a certified copy (with a raised seal) of the divorce form or death certificate of the last spouse.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Written parental consent is required for an applicant under 18.
- Written parental consent and written consent of a judge are required for an applicant under 16. No blood test is required.
- Please bring a valid photo I.D. for each of you.
The Clerk will perform short marriage ceremonies by request and appointments are encouraged. There is no set fee for a marriage ceremony; however, we do accept donations that are used for children in Windham whose families have asked for help at Christmas.