Fire - Rescue
Mission of Windham Fire - Rescue
The mission of the Windham Fire Rescue Department is:
"To assist the citizens and visitors of our community with emergencies that they are unable to handle themselves."
The department provides a range of services that include:
- Emergency Medical Response
- Fire Suppression
- Fire Prevention/Inspection Activities
- Emergency Management
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Workplace Safety
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fire Prevention
- First Aid
The Windham Fire Rescue Department has four locations that we provide response from.
- Public Safety Building/Central Station at 375 Gray Road (staffed 24 hours)
- North Station at 718 Roosevelt Trail (staffed 24 hrs)
- East Station at 45 Falmouth Road (not staffed)
- South Station at 33 Main Street (not staffed) (Shared with Gorham)
In addition to these we have multiple mutual aid and automatic aid agreements with adjacent communities to provide and obtain assistance for emergencies.
Meet The Team
Our team provides the fire and emergency medical services to the Town of Windham with the following number of resources:
- 14 Call Company members
- 26 Call Company members that also work per-diem
- 24 Per-diem Firefighter-EMT's from out of town
- 8 Call Company Fire-Police (Traffic Control)
- 5 Live-in College Students
- 8 Full time Firefighter-Paramedics
- 4 Full time Firefighter-EMT's
- 3 Deputy Chief's (1 Call Company, 2 Full time)
- 1 Full time Fire-Rescue Administrative Coordinator
- 1 Full time Fire-Rescue Chief
The services are provided through a combination of full time, part time/per-diem, and on-call employees to give quality EMS and fire protection to the community. The majority of our members are cross-trained in both fire and EMS services.
We want to thank the community of Windham for their continued support of the Fire-EMS services we provide to the residents and visitors.