Adult & Senior Programs
Sunday Open Gym
- Open to adults ages 21+
- Sundays from mid- November until the end of April at the Windham High School Gym
- Basketball - 8:00 - 9:30am
- Volleyball - recreational play 11am - 12:30pm ; competitive play 12:30 pm - 2pm
- Fees charged - Drop-in fee or a season pass is available
Tuesday & Thursday Men’s Pick-Up Basketball
- Open to adults ages 40+
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings throughout the school year at Windham Primary School Gym
- 8:00 - 9:45 pm
- Session I: September- December; Session II: January - June
- Fees charged – Season pass for each session
Men’s 4X4 Basketball League
- 21+ Adult Men's League plays Thursday nights at Town Hall and Manchester Gyms
- Games at 7:00pm and 8:00pm
- Session I: September – January; Session II: February – June
- Team fees charged for each session
Adult Indoor Pickleball
- Monday afternoons and Wednesday evenings at Windham Town Hall Gym (space for one court)
- Session I: September- December; Session II: January – May
- Fees charged - Drop-in fee or a pass for each session is available
All Windham Parks & Recreation Adult programs may not be listed above. Don't forget to visit our website to see new, updated and current programs.
Newsletters are published three times/year (January, May and September) with information about programs sponsored by Windham Parks and Recreation as well as other entities (including the Windham Age Friendly Community Committee, the Lakes Region Senior Center and St. Joseph’s College.)
If you would like to be added to our mailing list for this Senior newsletter, please contact the office at 892-1905 with this information.
Out and About with Windham Parks & Recreation
Trips are scheduled 1-2 times/month to popular destinations in the Greater Portland area or to further locations in Maine and New Hampshire.
Regular outings include Mystery Lunches, Oxford Casino, Country Sundays in Litchfield, Windham Parks and Recreation Summer Concerts, Maine Museums
Annual outings include: Fryeburg Fair, Holiday performances at Merrill Auditorium, Coastal Maine Boat Excursions; Apple Picking to regional orchards
Highlights include: Gardens – A- Glow, Conway Scenic Railroad, Castle in the Clouds, Boston Flower Show, Owls Head Air Show
Transportation provided on the 12 or 14- passenger buses owned by the department.
Please be advised that a minimum number of participants may be necessary, but also be aware that buses can fill quickly, so we encourage early registration. All trips depart from the Town Hall and the Park & Ride lot behind Evergreen Credit Union on Rte. 302. Additional pick-up locations available upon request.
All Windham Parks & Recreation senior programs may not be listed above. Don't forget to visit our website to see new, updated and current programs.
Weekly Shopping in North Windham
We have a bus on Thursday mornings that goes to North Windham for seniors who need to get groceries, go to the bank, get prescriptions filled, or pick up a few things. Free service provided to Windham senior citizens and space is very limited so please call the office at 892-1905 to register.