The Land Use Ordinance of the Town of Windham, Maine was adopted in accordance with a Comprehensive Plan pursuant to the provision of 30‑A M.R.S.A. § 4326 et seq. and is designed to:
1. encourage the most appropriate use of land throughout the municipality,
2. promote traffic safety; to provide safety from fire and other elements,
3. prevent overcrowding of real estate,
4. prevent housing development in unsanitary areas,
5. promote coordinated development,
6. encourage the formation of community units,
7. provide an allotment of land area in new developments for all the requirements of community life,
8. conserve natural resources, and
9. provide for adequate public services.
This chapter does not excuse any person of the necessity of complying with other applicable laws and regulations.