2021 Street Sweeping
Each spring Public Works will start to sweep away the sand that was applied on the roads during the long winter months. The following is a tentative schedule for 2021:
Windham Center Road & Route 202 by the High School including sidewalks - North Windham Business District including sidewalks, Route 302 & sidewalk area of Route 115- South Windham sidewalks (Schools are done during April vacation.)
The order for residential sweeping this year is in the following order:
- South Sides - This section will include Victoria Lane, Elderberry, Mechanic Street, Androscoggin Street, Elm Street, High Street, Depot Street, Susan’s Way, George’s Lane (Chute Rd South), Mallison Falls, Gateway Road, Goshen Road, Barnes Road, Newhall Road and Gambo Road
- North East Sides - This section will include Lucinda Lane, Hunts Woods, Briarwood Development, Goldfinch Drive, Swallow Drive, Garden Lane, Varney Mill Estates, Bowden’s Way, Baxter Woods, Pinewood Acres, Eric Road, Misty Lane, Collinwood Circle, Greenwood Circle, Dunridge Circle, Mill Pond Road, Dakota Drive, Sebago Woods Trail, Lincoln Circle
- North Sides - This section will include Kelli Lane, Brookhaven Development, Danielle Drive, Commons Drive, Drive-In Lane, Page Road, Northwood Drive, Lamb Street, Basin Road, Abby Road, Oak Lane, Mineral Spring Road, Colonial Park Road, Sebago Heights Development, Plummer Road, Pipeline Road, Quinn Road
- Central Sides - This section will include Harding Drive, Tate Lane, Moses Little Drive, Heritage Lane, Dale Lane, Welsh Road, Windham Hill Terrace, Hillcrest North, Hillcrest South, Starlit Way, Kings Lane, Meyers Farm Road, Otter Drive, Rocklin Drive, Karen Avenue, Curtis Drive, Dundee Road, Presumpscot Road and Colby Drive
- East Sides - This section will include Morgan Lane, Hemon Cobb Road, Percy Hawkes Road, Haven Road, McGoldrick Woods Road, Pheasant Ridge Road, Stonebrook Road, Macintosh Lane, Fox Run Road, Southside, Cottage Road, Pine Drive, and Lantern Lane.
Public Works divides the town into five areas. Each year we rotate the order in which it is swept so that no one area is always first or last. With limited crew and equipment (i.e. 1 large sweeper) the department can only progress as fast as the equipment, conditions, and weather permits. The schedule above is a general schedule outline. **Please note that we send the smaller equipment into the developments to sweep sidewalks and the sides of the road so that it is more efficient for the large sweeper to finish the clean-up. If you have any questions please contact our Department at 207-892-1909.