Social Service Agency Funding
The Town’s budget process to determine agency funding for fiscal year 2021 – 2022 is underway. Social service agencies who wish to be considered for funding from the Town are asked to complete and return a Social Service Agency Funding Request Form, include financial reports and any additional information relative to the agency and services provided to Windham residents. Applications without this information will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please submit all materials to the Windham Town Manager’s Office, 8 School Road, Windham, ME 04062, by no later than January 15, 2021. The Council's Human Services Advisory Committee will review applications and make a budgetary recommendation to the Council for consideration.
If you have any questions please call the Town Manager’s Office at 892-1907.
- Application Period: December 4, 2020 - January 15, 2021 (CLOSED)
- Committee Interviews: ** Due to the pandemic and safety protocols we will not be scheduling in-person interviews. The committee will review applications and assign members to reach out if they have any questions before they deliberate. Please be sure to include the primary contact information and best time to call.
- Deliberation: January 19, 2021 - February 26, 2021 (COMPLETE)
- Council Recommendation: ** The Human Services Advisory Committee will make a budgetary recommendation for agency funding to the Town Manager or his designee to include in the 2021-2022 proposed budget by March 1, 2021.
- Budget Approval: ** The Council will deliberate, modify and approve the proposed municipal budget before it is presented at the annual Town Meeting on June 12, 2021 for public approval. Approved funding will be listed below after the annual Town Meeting. (FUNDING APPROVED, SEE BELOW)
- Funds may be requested by approved agencies after July 1, 2021.
|Food & Fellowship (Monday Meals)||$1,200||Lake Region Senior Service||$ 425|
|Maine Health Care at Home||$1,000||Regional Transportation Program||$1,000|
|Northern Light Home Care & Hospice||$1,000||Southern Maine Area Agency on Aging||$5,000|
|The LifeFlight Foundation||$2,000||The Opportunity Alliance||$6,800|
|Through These Doors||$1,200||Windham Medical Loan Closet||$ 600|
|Windham Neighbors Helping Neighbors||$5,000||Woodfords Family Services||$ 500|