Marijuana License Fee Committee
The purpose of the Marijuana License Fee Committee (the “Committee”) shall be to identify and make recommendation on public health and safety programs to disburse collected application education fees as described in Chapter 160 – Marijuana Business License Ordinance, Appendix A. The Town Council will have final approval of proposed disbursements.
The members of the Committee shall be as follows:
- Two (2) members of the Town Council,
- Two (2) members of the Windham Police Department,
- One (1) member from the School Department, and
- Two (2) members of the community.
Community representatives shall be appointed by the Town Council and shall be appointed for staggered three (3) year terms to expire August 15th.
The Committee shall elect a Chair and Vice Chair at its first regular meeting or as soon as possible thereafter from within its membership, except that the Town Council representative shall not be eligible to serve as Chair or Vice Chair.
Meetings and Procedures:
The Committee shall elect a Chair from its membership, as indicated above. The Chair shall have the authority to convene meetings of the Committee, which shall be conducted in accordance with Maine's "Freedom of Access" law (1 MRSA § 401 et. seq.), with due notice to the members.
The Committee shall adopt such other reasonable rules of procedure as may be necessary for the efficient conduct of its business while allowing for public input, accountability and due process. A quorum of the Committee shall be defined as a majority of those appointed to the Committee but in no case shall the Committee hold a meeting or conduct Committee business with fewer than four (4) members.
It shall be the responsibility of the Committee at the direction of the Council:
- To develop an application process and criteria for distribution of designated funds to public health and safety programs that service Windham residents;
- To seek input and recommendations from staff, local experts and stakeholders, such as Be The Influence, D.A.R.E. and others;
- To present the proposed application and distribution criteria to Council;
- To report regularly on its progress to the Town Council; and
- To review application requests for funding and make recommendations to the Town Council on proposed fund disbursements.
Established by Council Order 20-167 on September 8, 2020 and amended by Council Order 22-066 on April 12, 2022
- Ed Ohmott, Councilor
- Mark Morrison, Councilor
- Matthew Cyr, CSO, Windham Police Department
- Seth Fournier, SRO, Windham Police Department
- Phil Rossetti, RSU #14
- Mike Duffy, Community Member Term: 2023
- Marge Govoni, Community Member Term: 2024