Summer Day Camp
Welcome to Windham Summer Day Camp!
Send your child to one of our three camps and give them a summer experience to remember! Campers will have the opportunity to be involved in a variety of activities including arts and crafts, physical fitness, sports skills, swimming, outdoor education, and games. We offer various enrollment options so parents can design a schedule that works best for their family.
Please visit windhamrecreation.com for current Summer Camp Information
See general information about summer day camp below or go to windhamrecreation.com for updated info! (Note: Updated day camp information is available by the end of March)
- Discover: Grades 1-3
- Ranger: Grades 4-5
- Adventure: Grades 6-8 + Senior Campers (Age 14)
Please note: Camp is based on the grade your child will enter in Fall following camp.
- No camp on 4th of July
- Regular Camp Day: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm (Reduced rate for those campers not needing extended day hours)
- Extended Camp Day: 7:00 am – 5:30 pm (Extended hours provide supervised, unstructured play)
- Weekly: Monday-Friday for all 7 weeks or choose which weeks for your child to attend. A discount will be applied for those who register for more than 4 weeks per child.
- Part-Time: 3 day option (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) or 2 day option (Tuesday/Thursday).
- Both part time option will include 1 field trip.
- We cannot make any adjustments to the days available for the part-time attendance options.
- Late March - Camp Registration Opens
- Late April - Field Tips and Enrichment Program Information Available
- Mid May - Deadline to contact Social Services to be considered for Scholarship Funds
- Mid May - Camp Registration Deadline
- If space allows, there will be a $30/child late fee charged after this date.
- Early June - Final Payments Due
Click on the tabs below to see more information about Summer Day Camp.
Enrichment programs are offered in addition to the regular camp day and will be available throughout the summer. These programs include one-time excursions or weekly activities. Past enrichment programs have included swimming lessons at St Josephs College, horsemanship, bicycling, and movement workshops.
Look for a complete schedule of summer enrichment programs near the end of April. All enrichment program fees are in addition camp registration fees and may be available to non-campers.
The Senior Camper Program is designed for teens will be 14 years of age as of October 15th to develop leadership skills and gain hands-on experience as a leader. Senior Campers will pay discounted rates and will need to meet minimum program requirements (including at least 80 hours of participation with at least two in-camp days during Week One). Senior Campers and parents will sign a Senior Camper Contract recognizing the requirements of this program.
The CIT (Counselor in Training) Program is a volunteer program designed for teens who will be 15 years of age as of June 15th. An application and two letters of recommendation are required for these positions; applications are available early spring at the Parks and Recreation office or on our website.
Applicants will also be required to attend an interview prior to beginning the program. Anyone who is selected for a CIT position will be expected to provide 21 days (7 hrs/day) or 150 hours of service to the program for the summer. Regular progress in this position will be expected, and evaluations will be provided regularly throughout the summer.
Involvement as a CIT does not guarantee future employment; however, successful participants are given first consideration for open positions.
Bonus Camp is an additional week of day camp for kids in grades K-5, open to children who attend at least one week of Summer Day Camp. We're on the go throughout the week with field trips and small group outings to local parks or other kid-friendly spots. It's a great way to wrap up the summer together!
Space is very limited; registration typically runs from May through late July.
Why are there two different starting/ending times for camp?
- Regular Camp Day runs from 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Campers will arrive just in time for all of the programs, special events, and field trips (which begin at 9:00) and will need to be picked up between 4:00 – 4:15 p.m. This option is offered at a reduced rate.
- Extended Day allows campers to arrive as early as 7:00 a.m. and remain at camp as late as 5:30 p.m., with supervised, unstructured activities during the extended hours.
Can I choose which weeks or days of the week my child will attend camp?
- Weekly Camp Rate is for campers who will attend Monday through Friday, and you may register for any or all of our 7 weeks. There will be a discount for those who register for more than 4 weeks per child.
- Part-Time Camp Options allow children to attend either 3 days per week (Monday-Wednesday-Friday) or 2 days per week (Tuesday-Thursday). Please note: we cannot make any adjustments to the days available for the part-time attendance options.
Do you offer any financial aid to help cover the cost of camp attendance?
- Once summer camp registration is open, scholarships are available through the Town of Windham Social Services. You will need to complete an application (available online or at the Parks and Recreation office) and schedule an interview with Rene Daniel by calling 892-1906. All financial aid applications are due by mid-May.
Do I have to pay the entire registration fee at one time?
- A non-refundable deposit of $100 per child is due at the time of registration; camp fees must be paid in full by early June. If you wish to spread your summer camp payments over a longer time period, you may register beginning late March and make payments on the schedule that best works for you. Payments may be available on a case-by-case basis; this requires approval through the Parks and Recreation Administrative Assistant, and all campers must be paid up to the date of their program attendance.
How can I pay my camp fees?
- Camp payments can be made online, via postal mail, or in person at the Parks and Recreation office during regular business hours (M-F 8 am-4 pm). If you have questions regarding your balance, please call us at 892-1905.
Is there an additional fee for families who are not Windham residents?
- There is an additional fee of $45 per child for any non-residents enrolling in summer day camp.
What field trips do you offer? Are they included with my child’s camp registration?
- Field trips vary based on camper ages, but typically include visits to area amusement parks, beaches, museums, outdoor excursions, and more. Based on the transportation services available to us, each camp will have one field trip per week and entertainment or a special event another day of the week. Additional outings to local destinations on non-trip days using the Parks and Recreation Department vehicles may also be an option throughout the summer. The complete field trip and special event schedule for will be available in late April and all the trips and special event fees are paid for with your camp registration.
Will my child receive a camp t-shirt?
- One t-shirt is included with the cost of camp registration; additional t-shirts may be ordered for an extra fee. Camp t-shirts are required for ALL field trips. Any extra t-shirts must be ordered by mid-May; no additional shirts will be available after camp has begun.
Do you have a list of rules and policies for your summer camp program?
- All of the Summer Camp Policies and Rules are described in detail in the Parent & Camper Handbook, which will be available on our website in late March. We strongly encourage you to read the information in the Handbook in order to help your child have a successful summer.