North Windham Sewer Project
/DocumentCenter/View/8455/1North-Windham-Sewer-update-51822_BAT1Windham and the Portland Water District are working together to find a solution aimed at "protecting public health and the environment and promoting sustainable economic and community development."
June 14, 2022 Sewer Referendum Sample Ballot Absentee ballots are now available! Contact the Town Clerks office at 892-1900 for more information.
May 19, 2022 North Windham Sewer Public Meeting
Join us at a PUBLIC MEETING, on Thursday, May 19, 2022, at 6:30 PM at the Windham High School Auditorium, to learn more about the June 14, 2022 Referendum question regarding the North Windham Sewer Project.
Why is the Town in partnership with the Portland Water District proposing this solution? Where will the proposed system be installed? How will wastewater be treated and phosphorus and nitrogen reduced? What is the project cost and what funding resources has the Town been awarded?
We hope you can join us to learn more. We will attempt to broadcast this meeting on Facebook Live for those who cannot attend in-person. Please see the link for the presentation information below.
D.E.P. Groundwater Discharge Permit Application
- Portland Water District, North Windham WWTF Groundwater Discharge Permit Application
- Discharge Permit Application Revisions
North Windham Sewer Public Meeting Presentation (50 MB) 5/19/2022***
North Windham Sewer Project Update (50 MB) 5/10/2022
Please refer to the following Council meeting agendas, videos and minutes to learn more:
- May 10, 2022 - Manager's Presentation CD 22-71 (Information presented prior to Unfinished Business items)
- April 26, 2022 - Council Action Order 22-073 (Acceptance of Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund award) *see video excerpt below and Council Discussion CD 22-60 (Sewer Project Information - Public Outreach draft mailing)
- April 12, 2022 - Council Discussion CD 22-51 (Sewer Project Update)
- March 22, 2022 - Council Discussion CD 22-41 (Sewer Project Update)
- December 14, 2021 - Council Discussion CD 21-163 (Sewer Project Update)
- November 9, 2021 - Council Action - Order 21-229 to amend contract with Portland Water District
- July 13, 2021 - Council Discussion CD 21-077 (Sewer Project Update)
- December 8, 2020 - Council Action - Order 20-257 to authorize contract with Portland Water District (for engineering, design and cost analysis)
- May 12, 2020 - Council Discussion CD 20-123 (Memorandum of Understanding with Portland Water District to explore a solution)
- May 5, 2020 - Council Discussion CD 20-046 (Sewer in North Windham)