The CDC encourages that people celebrate at home with the people you live with this Thanksgiving. The current uptick in cases is very concerning. For more information pertaining to celebrating Thanksgiving safely please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/holidays/thanksgiving.html or Windham's resource site at: https://www.windhammaine.us/671/Community-COVID-19-Resources
Please consider that anyone can unknowingly have COVID-19 and expose family and/or friends to this illness. Individuals who may have underlying medical conditions are more susceptible to develop serious medical complications.
If you are celebrating with people you do not live with, please help stop the spread by:
- Wearing a face covering in public settings and when around people you do not live with;
- Maintaining at least 6-feet physical distance from others who do not live with you;
- Washing your hands frequently or use hand sanitizer and avoid touching your face;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces often; and
- Having a small outdoor meal or if celebrating indoors, bring in fresh air by opening doors and windows during the duration of the gathering.
If you do intend to travel please consider the risks, restrictions and requirements that may apply locally or in the community of your destination.
Please note that Governor Mills has issued a “Stay Safer at Home” order for all Maine people. All out-of-state travelers coming into Maine, and Maine residents returning to Maine, must either receive a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to arrival or complete a 14-day quarantine, per the Keep Maine Healthy Plan. (maine.gov/covid19)
We wish you a safe, healthy, and happy Thanksgiving!