You MAY be eligible for a property tax refund of up to $700, if you:
- are at least sixty-five (65) years old at the time of application;
- have a home (owned or rented) in Windham that you have lived in for the whole year prior to the time of application;
- have been a Windham resident for at least the last ten (10) years;
- have paid property taxes in Windham (due October 1, 2021 & April 1, 2022), or rent in Windham on your home for at least a year; and
- have an annual household income LESS THAN $56,350.
The maximum benefit is $700, but could be less depending on your actual property taxes and your annual household income.
Download an application or pick one up in the Town Hall lobby or Windham Public Library.